Question Lightstreamer 5.1.1 Moderato Edition not free usable Error

Hello there,

i downloaded (www.lightstreamer.com/downloadfree.htm) and installed the Lightstreamer Moderato Edition 5.1.1. and i want to use it free for production purposes. But when i start the Lightstreamer, the command line says:
    "23.Mai.14 12:34:13,773 <ERROR> Missing license configuration parameters in configuration file.
    23.Mai.14 12:34:13,777 <ERROR> No license configured
    23.Mai.14 12:34:13,778 < WARN> A proper Free License was not configured. Server starting in unregistered mode. Get your Free License from http://www.lightstreamer.com/downloadfree.htm
    23.Mai.14 12:34:13,780 < WARN> Lightstreamer Server in unregistered mode only supports a 60 minutes lifetime. After that time the Server will be shut down.
    23.Mai.14 12:34:13,783 < INFO> Lightstreamer Server starting in Moderato edition"

What do i need to do, to use the free license, which should be delivered in the Moderato version?

stay tuned,
    mluecke

Administrator
    Hi mluecke,

I confirm you that the Ligtstreamer 5.1.1 Moderato Edition can be used for free even in production environments and does not require any license key.
    The error messages you post here are quite strange since they seem to refer to the old version 4.x that indeed requires a license key.

Please can you look for message like this "Lightstreamer Server x.x.x build xxxx" in the server log in order to ascertain the version in use?

Thank you,
    Giuseppe

Hi,
    thanks for ur respond.

I deleted the lightstreamer and made sure i installed the new version again. When i deleted the old version, i had problems to delete the folder .\bin\windows and .\adapters\myapplication although they were empty.
    After in installed and configured the new version of Lightstreamer, i took a look into the log file and i found "Lightstreamer Server 4.0.3 build 1513.1.11 starting...".
    Something is not right here.

stay tuned,
    mluecke
    Last edited by mluecke; May 26th, 2014 at 09:40 AM.

Administrator
    Hi mluecke,

Yes, I confirm you that something is not working properly.
    It seems that somewhere on your machine there is a 4.0.3 version and you're still referring to it.

If you use the factory launch scripts could you check how is defined the environment variable LS_HOME?

Thank you,
    Giuseppe

i got this problem solved, i forgot to put the libraries of the new version in the jre path.
    thanks for ur help.

stay tuned,
    mluecke