Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator
    Hi Kevin,

Have you the chance to take some thread dumps at short intervals?

Administrator
    Furthermore, please be sure that in lightstreamer_log_conf.xml configuration file the log level for LightstreamerMonitorText is TRACE:
    Code:
    <logger name="LightstreamerMonitorText" level="TRACE">
    and send us (support@lightstreamer.com) the server log (lightstreamer.log).

Power Member
    UPDATE: I reconfigured the servers "allow_access_from" setting to something erroneous so that it had no client connections at all to handle.

It still exhibited the same issue. That at least rules out connection handling as SSL errors as a cause.

Power Member
    Hello Giuseppe

I afraid I have no idea how to take thread dumps at short intervals. Can you give me a clue?

I will switch on the tracing option now.

Power Member
    My lightstreamer_log_conf.xml file contains this:
    Code:
    <logger name="LightstreamerMonitorText" level="TRACE">              
      <appender-ref ref="LSDailyRolling" />                             
    </logger>
    but I don't see anything extra appearing in the log file. Am I missing something? Can I tell from the stdout when the server is running whether or not it is using this setting because it would appear not

Administrator
    Usually the JDK provide a tool to do that. Typically, the command is something like this:

Code:
    jstack [pid]
    But I'm not sure if you're using an IBM JDK and which is the specific command.

Administrator
    Can you confirm that the level was previously set to ERROR? In this case, the new setting requires a restart of the server.

In any case, if it is possible, a Lightstreamer server restart is advisable. Then, if the issue reappears send us the log (lightstreamer.log).

Thank you.

Power Member
    Yes I am using the IBM JDK. There may be a way to do it but I will have to check. The server runs in a batch process so I very much doubt I will be able to get what you want.

As for the TRACE - I did as asked (and I have now confirmed that the server is loading the file that I have altered) but I don't see any extra information in the log file. The only entries for MonitorText are INFO.

Administrator
    This might help in getting the thread dump on IBM JDK:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...Fjavadump.html

Basically, you should add "–Xdump:java" to the JAVA_OPTS variable in LS.sh.
    Then, you can trigger a dump by calling "kill -QUIT pid" on the PID of the JVM (which will not be terminated).

Power Member
    I have found the simplest way of generating the thread dumps is via the normal command line interface like this:
    GENJVMDMP JOB(050177/LIGHTSTRM/QP0ZSPWP)

Now the difficult bit is to get them to you, because I have no FTP access to that server. This may take me a while.

In the meantime, any ideas about the MonitorText not outputting any trace information ?