Concurrent HTTP connections LS [iOS]

Hi everyone,

I implemented iOS Client API in my application and has 800 downloads in the AppStore.
    And I have a limit of 1000 concurrent HTTP connections to my server Lightstreamer.

How is it possible to reach this limit if you only have 800 users?

Is it possible that my connection with Lightstreamer left open when I put my iOS application in background mode?

I have consulted the following thread:
    http://forums.lightstreamer.com/show...eration-Queues

What am I doing wrong in the code of my application?

Sorry for my english.
    Thank you very much.

Administrator
    Hi Patxi Sánchez,

First, it is important to clarify whether the limit you mention actually refers to the HTTP connections or to the applicative sessions of Lightstreamer.
    Please note that these concepts are different (see section 2. of this document), and might be relevant in cases like yours. Indeed, it is not excluded, that a client application with one active session that receives data in real time from Lightstreamer needs at least two HTTP connections open simultaneously.

Please look for the "LightstreamerMonitorText" logger lines in the server log (lightstreamer.log) where are shown the number of sessions and connections active at that time on the server.

20-feb-14 09:44:19,579|INFO |LightstreamerMonitorText |Timer-0 |Total threads = 149, Total heap = 1073741824 (free = 885454920), Sessions = 1 (max = 1), New sessions = [+0, -0], Connections = 1 (max = 6), New connections = [+0, -0], In-pool threads = 49, Active threads = 0, Available threads = 49, Queued tasks = 0, Pool queue wait = 0, NIO write queue = 0, NIO write queue wait = 0, NIO write selectors = 4, NIO total selectors = 32, Subscribed items = 7, Inbound throughput = 11.99 updates/s (pre-filtered = 11.99), Outbound throughput = 11.99 updates/s (8 kbit/s, max = 10.62), Lost updates = 0 (total = 0), Total bytes sent = 270783, Client messages throughput = 0 msgs/s (0 kbit/s, max = 0), Total messages handled = 0, Extra sleep = 0, Notify delay = 0

Furthermore, please could you specify whether the limit of 1000 is set within the Lightstreamer server or is it something external (eg applied by the network devices in front of the server)?

Thank you.
    Giuseppe