Lightstreamer throttling outgoing events?

I'm currently writing a master thesis on web application frameworks for real-time communication, and as a part of that, I want to do load tests of different frameworks. I do this by using several browser windows with several connections from each, and have so far successfully tested SignalR, Socket.IO and Playframework (which is a real-time enabled MVC framework). I think I have implemented my Lightstreamer server correctly and the client as well, since everything works - but slowly..

By logging a message to the console each time an event is received (onItemUpdate event of the subscription), it seems that the server only sends an event every second. I cannot find anything about this i the documentation nor in the lightstreamer_conf.xml file. Are there some "secret" settings i can adjust so that the server does not do this?

I'm using RAW subscription mode by the way, and since I want to reuse a lot of the client from each implementation of the load test, i subscribe to two items: one for broadcasting and one for "echo", both have one field which is the json data sent from the server. I've tried with MERGE and DISTINCT as well. DISTINCT gave same result as RAW, and with MERGE, only some of the messages sent to the server, was sent back for some reason..

Hi kjohann,

Are you using the Moderato Edition?
    The Moderato Edition is limited up to 1 update per second for each Item. This means that only one update per second per item is allowed, but there are no limits on the number of item a page may subscribe and there are no limits on the global update rate of your client if not explicitly configured.
    The Moderato Edition can be used for free even in production environments, but for evaluation, development, or test, to overcome these limitations, you may consider to download the trial version of the Vivace Edition from the download page, using the DEMO license.
    The features and capabilities of each Lightstgreamer edition are listed in Products.
    Details and limitation for the Demo license and other license types are listed in License Types.
    Note that the Demo License limits the number of concurrent users to maximum 20. If the DEMO License doesn't fit your needs, you may contact Lightstreamer at info@lightstreamer.com for more details and options, like for instance an EVALUATION License.

hth
    Marco

I have need for more than 20 concurrent users (I acctually don't know what will be the upper limit as of this time, but I know it will be more than 100). An eval license - does that mean I can try the Vivace Edition for free?

Does upgrading my license type require any change to the implementation itself, or is it just some config changes that has to be made? It's almost been a year since I downloaded the Moderato Edition, so I don't remember if I got a license key or anything like that :P

Hi kjohann

You can try the Vivace Edition with a DEMO License for free, but just not in production.
    The Moderato Edition and the Allegro/Presto/Vivace Edition are actually two differente distributions, so, if you have a Moderato Edition, you have to download the Allegro/Presto/Vivace Edition from Download.
    The Try version of the Vivace Edition is already configured with the DEMO License, so you are ready to go.
    The EVALUATION License instead is normally shipped to Companies which are evaluating the product in order to buy it, and I actually don't know if there are any costs. If you need the EVALUATION License, you have to contact info@lightstreamer.com and they will give you all the details.

hth
    Marco

Thanks for the tips! I've sent an email to info@lightstreamer.com and will get an eval license