Integrate Hello World sample in stand alone ASP.NET

Hi,

I am new in lightstreamer, basically I am using .NET and I want to know how to integrate lightstream to a simple project of mine. Basically I just want to know whether anyone has simple sample on using lightstreamer in a simple .NET application without using lightstreamer servergiven from the download link.

Is there any documentation other than http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/ar...htstreamer.htm ?

Best Regards,

Gordon Tumewu

Administrator
    Hi Gordon,

Please take a look to our demos page where you can find different implementations in the .NET environment.
    For example:

- .NET StockList Demo
    - Silverlight StockList Demo
    - Excel :: RTD Demo

For each demo you cand find a runnable example and the full source code.

HTH

Hi Guiseppe,

Thanks for the info, probably I didn't explain in detail. What I need is sample on stand alone asp.net project, for example Hello World sample from lightstreamer but I used it in simple ASP.NET project without using lightstreamer server, because form the tutorial I see that I need to include the page in lightstreamer server.

Is it possible if I use it in simple ASP.NET project? If yes, could you give me any sample? Or point me to documentation that didn't use lightstreamer server.

Thanks.

Power Member
    Hi,

First of all please note that you're pointing to an old tutorial, the new one is located here: http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/ar...sseo/index.htm
    (Where did you find that link). The tutorial is quite identical what changes is the link to the other helloworld where the client part is shown.

I'm not sure I understand correctly:
    do you want to deploy the page elsewhere and then connect to Lightstreamer only for the push data or do you want Lightstreamer completely out of the loop?

In the first case simply edit the client created with the basic helloworld (http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/ar...sseo/index.htm) by modifying the LightstreamerClient constructor call specifying the address of the Lightstreamer server as first parameter instead of a null

Let me know if we should expand on this.

Hi Mone,

Thanks for the info. Basically what I need is using lightstreamer only for push the data. I tried to create the adapter and manage to run the hello world sample in lightstreamer server like the tutorial. It is all works fine if I use the index.htm and put it in the C:\Lightstreamer\pages\HelloWorld. But when I tried to use it on my aspx page, let say I am using Default.aspx, what exactly that I need to configure so it will work the same on my .net web application?

Administrator
    Hi Gordon,

Thank you for the clarifications.

I confirm you that your case, ASP.NET client, is not very different from the pure HTML/JavaScript one. It should be enough to add to your default.aspx page the same JavaScript scripts and associate the lightstreamer specific properties to the visual elements.

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe.corti View Post
    Hi Gordon,

Thank you for the clarifications.

I confirm you that your case, ASP.NET client, is not very different from the pure HTML/JavaScript one. It should be enough to add to your default.aspx page the same JavaScript scripts and associate the lightstreamer specific properties to the visual elements.
    Hi Giuseppe,

I know that ASP.NET client is not very different from pure HTML. I even tried to use index.htm from HelloWorld sample but it only work if I copy the page and javascript to C:\Lightstreamer\pages\HelloWorld. If I tried to copy it to my project in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LSTest it didn't work. What I need to know is it possible to use it in my project(e.g C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LSTest)? If yes, what settings that I need to set? Do you have any sample about this?(please don't refer me to any of your sample because all is located in lightstreamer folder).

Thanks.

Power Member
    Hi,

In respect with what is deployed in the Lightstreamer internal web server the only thing you have to change is the address of the server.
    Search for the LighstreamerClient instance:

and replace hostToUse with the address of your Lightstreamer server.

Our own online demos are located on a simple web server deployed at demos.lightstreamer.com and connect to our demo Lightstreamer server deployed at push.lightstreamer.com; basically what they do is

Details on the form of the address can be found here: http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...merClient.html