Recommended usage - multiple data feeds with remote adatper

Hi All

I am using the remote adapter and accessing on the server side via the sdk_adapter_dotnet (DotNetAdapter_N2.dll).

I have finished a POC for pricing using the dotnet adapter which well. However, evolving this into a generic framework to support other data feeds (Eg. account balance, order status, etc) is proving difficult/impossible. This is because each feed resides in a separate exe process, and it appears that LS server (and possibly dotnet adapter?) does not support multiple data feed connections? I get an exception when trying to connect more than once; "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.161.100:6661".

Have I hit a fundamental limitation of the remote adapter or am I missing something?

Can someone please tell me the recommended usage for handling multiple data feeds from seperate processes using the remoting adapter?

Many thanks.

Administrator
    The question was answered to by direct interaction.

To resume:

Each Remote Data Adapter instance needs a dedicated Proxy Data Adapter instance running on the Server. Each Proxy Adapter instance only accepts connection from 1 Remote Adapter instance.

You can run multiple Remote Data Adapters only by configuring multiple Metadata/Data "adapter pairs", through multiple "adapters.xml" files. However, each client session can get data from one "adapter pair" only.

As announced in last July 2008 newsletter, the next minor upgrade of Lightstreamer will remove this limitation, by allowing "adapter pairs" to be generalized to "adapter sets", made up of one Metadata Adapter and multiple Data Adapters, which may all be Proxy Data Adapters, if needed.

Next Release

Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
    The question was answered to by direct interaction.
    As announced in last July 2008 newsletter, the next minor upgrade of Lightstreamer will remove this limitation, by allowing "adapter pairs" to be generalized to "adapter sets", made up of one Metadata Adapter and multiple Data Adapters, which may all be Proxy Data Adapters, if needed.
    Has a date been set for this release?

Administrator
    Lightstreamer Server 3.5 is due in September.