Google Web Toolkit

Hello!
    I try to use LS with GWT and have problem with permisions and setDomain method.
    Are you test LS with GWT? Are you have solutions to integration LS and GWT?

Power Member
    Hi,

you should not try to load ajax_frame.html and create_session.js from the web server as such files are hosted in the lightstreamer server. Moreover such files are automatically handled by our library and you should not directly download them.

Basically you should be able to let GWT send to the browser a page that contains the <script> inclusions of our libraries and the code to connect to Lightstreamer (e.g.: like the code you can see on our demos).

Unfortunately I have no experience with GWT. Please let me know if you make progress or have any doubt.

Power Member
    about 1,
    is it possible that your native method is executed before the lscommons.js and lspushpage.js files are included on the page? Maybe a little digging with firebug could help you find why the PushPage object is missing.

about 2,
    probably the problem is in your setDomain call that shouldn't be used with "localhost":

you may use null if pages are served by Lightstreamer server, but that's not your case, so you should use an actual domain. If your pc has not a host name, you can modify your hosts file to mimic a host name.

e.g.: if in your hosts file you put
    Code:
    127.0.0.1    me.adomain.com
    then your setDomain will be

and your setLSHost

Btw if you find the solution on a GWT forum we will be grateful if you report here a link to it.
    cheers.

Power Member
    Hi mnenchev,

thanks for sharing your findings

cheers.

Power Member
    Code:
    Is it possible to tell the client the domain, lshost and lsport in some other way? I do not want to hardcode them in the code? Or i have to deal with it in my way, for example before my widget is created to query db for config, look in some application context or something?
    domain host and port are used client side so the way to configure them IS the javascript code, and so, yes, you need to find a way to configure and send the necessary values in your gwt code.

And are these Metadata adapters from the demo enough goood for real project?
    If you are referring to the metadata adpters that are inside the ls-generic-adapters.jar file (i.e.: LiteralBasedProvider and FileBasedProvider) yes them are. Of course only the basic functionalities are implemented in those metadata adapters (btw you can tweak them a little through their configurations parameters, check out LS_HOME/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_adapter_java/examples/Reusable_MetadataAdapters/README.TXT).
    On the contrary the MixedMetadataAdapter class is tightly coupled with the deployed demos, so it can't be generally reused.

HTH

Administrator
    That's great news! We look forward to it