More then one .Net adapter

If I can run more then one .Net adapter with LS Server how do I configure a single LS instance to work with multiple adapters? If that scenario works do I need to have an executable per each .Net adapter?

Thanks

Administrator
    Lightstreamer Server allows multiple Adapter Pairs (i.e. Metadata Adapter + Data Adapter) to be installed, by putting multiple directories under its "adapters" directory,
    each one with its own adapters.xml configuration file.
    However, a single client session can access to only one Adapter Pair.

With the forthcoming 3.5 Server release, the Adapter Pairs will be generalized to Adapter Sets. Hence, in a single adapters.xml, it will be possible to configure multiple Data Adapters (but still a single Metadata Adapter) and a single client session will be able to get data from all of them.

In all cases, each configured Data (or Metadata) Adapter can be either local or remote.

By default, a different process is needed to run each Remote Adapter. However, you can create your own hosting program and play multiple Remote Data Adapters by it, through the provided Lightstreamer.DotNet.Server.DataProviderServer API class.
    See chapter 1.6 in the included "DotNet Adapters.pdf" for an introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
    Lightstreamer Server allows multiple Adapter Pairs (i.e. Metadata Adapter + Data Adapter) to be installed, by putting multiple directories under its "adapters" directory,
    each one with its own adapters.xml configuration file.
    So, current version of LS will be able to work with multiple adapters as long as these adapters serve different client pages?

Administrator
    Yes, in principle, by loading multiple independent instances of the client libraries and multiple Engines on distinct pages.
    However, consider that, if browsers are involved, a stringent limit on the open connections towards the same host may be in place and each streaming session to Lightstreamer Server consumes an open connection.
    When feasible, using different hostnames to access the same instance of Lightstreamer Server for different sessions may be a workaround.

Administrator
    Mark,
    To simplify Dario's explanation, if your web pages, served by different Adapters, don't live in the same browser at the same time, there will be no issues.

Cheers,
    Alessandro