Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem running Flex examples

I was able to run sdk_client_web example, but running Flex examples from the same virtual directory not working for me. All I see for status is "connecting". Please, help.

Administrator
    Do you refer to the "sdk_client_flash_flex(js_bridge)" or to the "sdk_client_flash_flex(native_as)"? (note: the latter is not included in the Moderato package)

Admittedly, there is no tutorial for the deployment of these demos.
    Please, retry the following steps:

1. create a new subfolder (let's say "FlexDemo") in the "pages" directory of your Server installation
    2. copy into "FlexDemo" the contents of the "deploy" folder relative to the example you are interested in (all Flex examples contain a "deploy" folder)
    3. recall the demo from your browser with the same URL that makes the StockListDemo work, just replacing the local path with "/FlexDemo"

Does anything change?

Note that the next upgrade of the Server will include predeployed versions of the Flex demos.

Yes, it does work in this way:
    http://localhost:8080/flexdemo/

But why it does not if I run it from my virtual folder? Web client works just fine.
    Is it because I am using IIS?

Also I have noticed that when Flex example runs the processor is loaded up to 70-80%. Is that normal?

Thanks for your help.

Administrator
    In order to have the pages supplied by your web server, some small configuration changes are needed on the client.

Please, clarify first thing if the sdk directory you are working with is "sdk_client_flash_flex(js_bridge)" or "sdk_client_flash_flex(native_as)". (note: the latter is not included in the Moderato package)

Processor load considerations also depend on the specific sdk.

It is "sdk_client_flash_flex(js_bridge)" that comes with a free version. I have downloaded the latest one.

Power Member
    Hello,

the flash bridge is based on the web client.
    To deploy the application on an external web server you have to edit the index.html file of the example to configure it on your domain.
    At the moment such example is configured to run just on internal web server. If you have some confidence with the web client you will be able to change its html file without problem.

The CPU load is due the animation of the demo, you can change it completely to be have better performance.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Yes, after modifying index.hrml to my settings I was able to run Flex demo.
    Thanks alot for your help.

Could you please give me a bit of detail how actually that sample works? I mean, in general terms, what a tipical Flex app. should have to be a "pushed able" app?

Thanks

Power Member
    Hello,
    always referring to the flash bridge (ie not to the native AS library).

The flash bridge is based on Lightstreamer web client. It includes a javascript and an actionscript2 library that communicate through the externalinterface class of flash to let the actionscript library make use of some features of the web client.

The overview of the JSDocs for the library explains what is necessary to set up an application using it, check it: http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...doc/index.html

Let me know if you have any problem.
    HTH.

I see. Flex 3 has what's called "Flex Ajax Bridge". According to Adobe docs. Flex Ajax Bridge is suggested over externalinterface. Can Flex Ajax Bridge be used? Or does not really matter?

Also what is that line for?
    lsEngine.connection.setAdapterName("STOCKLISTDEMO" );
    Is that to provide a back-end? If so, how do I specify my asp page as a source of data for my Flex front-end?