Lightstreamer and ASP not net

Can I use a conventional ASP pages with Lightstreamer to push data to the client?

Thanks

Power Member
    Hello,

maybe I didn't understand correctly the question.

You can push data from Lightstreamer server to any html page, no matter how it is generated. So you could generate your page with ASP.

If you mean that your ASP page should push itself the data, then there is probably a misunderstanding. The pushed data always arrives from Lightstreamer server and so you need to attach your feed to it.
    You have three options to attach your feed:
    write a Java adapter
    write a .NET adapter
    write a program in any language you desire and attach it to the server through the ARI protocol.

Please let me know your doubts, btw I point you again to the General Concept document that will probably help you to understand the architecture of an application using Lightstreamer.

What I was trying to ask is can I serve data from an asp page? Another words, can a convetional asp page be a data Adapter serving let's say data in XML? Or it has to be Java, .Net only? Since I am developing in neither I makes me thinking. The problem is that I have tons on a non portable legacy code that is written in VB. Do you think it is possible to create a solution that will somehow connect VB code with a data Adapter for Lightstreamer?

Administrator
    If you cannot convert your VB code to VB.NET, then you should make it a Data Adapter by connecting to Lightstreamer Server through TCP sockets.

In other words, the provided Java and .NET libraries provide a language-level interface for Adapters. For any other technologies, you can use a socket-based communication, through the Adapter Remoting Infrastructure. Please refer to "Lightstreamer\DOCS-SDKs\sdk_adapter_remoting_infrastructure\doc\ARI Protocol.pdf" for all the details.