Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    Hi HoangTV,

If you decide to change the factory default values for the parameters like <sendbuf> and <MSS> then their tuning should be the result of intense tests in your typical scenario.

In any case, I expect that the value of <sendbuf> is always kept higher than that of <MSS> (even slightly, in your case i can speculate 12000).
    But, please let me to repeat that you should thoroughly test the choices taken.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Many thanks
    Regards,
    HoangTV

Administrator
    In most cases, acting on <sendbuf> only should be enough, without touching <MSS>. Try to increase sendbuf as much as you want (up to 2147483647) and see if the situation improves.

Here is how it works.

By default, Lightstreamer keeps a tiny sendbuffer (1600 bytes). This allows the server to implement very fast detection of network congestion and adaptively throttle the data flow. What happens with a small sendbuffer is that the congestion windows is kept small as well. This works great with normal streaming activity. But if a huge amount of data needs to be delivered in a short time (similar to a normal download activity), then such a small sendbuffer would slow down the data transfer a lot. That's why increasing the sendbuffer, possibly to very large values (for example, try 100,000,000 bytes), will boost download performance.