ARC memory management

Hi,
    I have create app with ls in automatic reference counting (ARC) mode and use ls in tow UIViewController , but when switch between those controller, memory was increase and do not decrease , however i override dealloc method and set to nill all my objects , also I'm close LSClient ([client closeconnection]) , but it seems client not released.
    Anyone has idea?

Administrator
    Hello Ebrahim,

the LS client library for iOS is compatible with ARC and has no special memory management needs, just common retain/release practices. In particular, the LS client retains the delegate passed on the openConnectionWithInfo method and releases it on closeConnection. Similarly, table delegates are retained on subscribeTable/subscribeItems and released on unsubscribeTable.

So, pay attention you do the clean up in the correct order to avoid memory leaks:
    1) unsubscribe tables
    2) close the LS client connection
    3) set LS client to nil
    4) remove the view controller

Hope this helps.
    Best regards,

Gianluca

Quote Originally Posted by gianluca.bertani View Post
    Hello Ebrahim,

the LS client library for iOS is compatible with ARC and has no special memory management needs, just common retain/release practices. In particular, the LS client retains the delegate passed on the openConnectionWithInfo method and releases it on closeConnection. Similarly, table delegates are retained on subscribeTable/subscribeItems and released on unsubscribeTable.

So, pay attention you do the clean up in the correct order to avoid memory leaks:
    1) unsubscribe tables
    2) close the LS client connection
    3) set LS client to nil
    4) remove the view controller

Hope this helps.
    Best regards,

Gianluca
    Hello Gianluca,
    I do all of thing , and check memory for my application , the LS is released but with 10 or 15 second delay.

Administrator
    Hello Ebrahim,

this is to be considered normal behavior, since a few internal housekeeping timers may keep a retain on the LS client or its internal structures for a few seconds. These retains get released as soon as the the timers fire.

Best regards,

Gianluca