error 7 - Allowed number of session reached

I am using the trial version of LS from this site. I am getting "Allowed number of session reached" during my testing. What is the max number of session per server (in trial and in full) can we expect. What can we do to mitigate this issue?

Once this error happens server is starved of sessions and no new connection is likely. After some wait It works again for a bit.

Thanks,

Administrator
    The Lightstreamer server runs in DEMO mode by the factory configuration. With this kind of license the server allows as many as 20 concurrent sessions. When you try to create the 21st session you get the reported error message.
    Can you confirm me that your Lightstreamer server starts in DEMO mode? You can check the server log looking for a message like this:

"Lightstreamer is running with a Demo license, which has a limit of 20 concurrent users ..."

Anyway, please refer here for more details on available license types with Lightstreamer.

You are correct. It says Demo license, which has limit of 20 concurrent users. So what's the max concurrent users for full license?

Can you clarify what is considered as a "user" and taking up the user quota? Is it based on active session? More clarity on how many concurrent users per server we could expect from full license of LS server. We are scoping to see what kind of performance and hardware we would need.

Administrator
    I confirm you that in this context when we say "Maximum 20 concurrent users" we mean "Maximum 20 concurrent active sessions". Sometimes we use the word "user" for a more immediate understanding of the concept.
    A full Production license (as well as the Evaluation license) has no limit on concurrent users. If you want you can set a maximum limit of sessions accepted by the server via the parameter <max_sessions> but its default is unlimited.
    Of course there are physical limits on the number of session that a single server can support and these depend on several variables (message throughput per user, message size, hardware, etc.).

You can do your own tests, given your test scenario, to determine these limits, to help on this task you could use the Lightstreamer Load Test Toolkit, which is provided on demand. Please contact the guys at info@lightstreamer.com to get it togheter with an Evaluation license key.