ARI protocol question

Hi,
    I'm trying to create an adapter remoting infrastructure. but i don't understand very well the order of messages.
    I create 3 sockets and connect to the ls-proxy-adapter, and then... what I must send?

and another question,
    what' the Java compatible millisecond resolution date-time format?
    thanks in advance

Administrator
    Admittedly, the ARI protocol documentation lacks a sequence diagram, but just consider that the Remote Adapters only have to respond to actions initiated by the Proxy Adapter.
    Once connected, a Remote Metadata Adapter should expect to receive a "Notify User" request message on the request stream as soon as a client requests is issued to Lightstreamer Server; after sending the answer, it will be followed by "Notify New Session" and other session related requests.
    A Remote Data Adapter, on the other hand, should expect to receive one or more "Subscribe" request messages on the request stream as soon as a client request has been processed by the Metadata Adapter.

We require a "Java compatible millisecond resolution date-time format" to mean a timestamp value as it would be generated by a java "System.currentTimeMillis()" call.
    However, the timestamp is only used for debug-level logging by the Proxy Adapter and can be safely valued as 0.

Dario

and, after receive a SUB request, what smessages should the application send?
    i'm trying to send an UD3 message, but i donīt know how to see what I'm sending in the browser.
    (i am using the stocklist demo, with only one item for my tests), the feed I'm building is in C++ )

Administrator
    Are you restricting the client side subscription request to only one item or are you making your Remote Data Adapter sending UD3 messages upon the SUB request for only one specific item?
    Anyway, if you name the fields according to the field names used in the StockList demo front-end page, then your update should reach the client.
    In order to trace the story of your update inside the Server, you can extend the Server logging, which is configured in "conf\lightstreamer_log_conf.xml". As a first step, I suggest you to set the priority for the "LightstreamerLogger.subscriptions" category as "TRACE#com.lightstreamer.log4j.TraceLevel", in order to ensure that your message is correctly processed by the Proxy Adapter.
    Dario