Hybrid View

Power Member
    For the sake of clarity, when I say "navigate away", what actually happens is an xmlhttprequest fires off and replaces some elements of the dom with the response. The "freeze" also seems unconnected to anything Lightstreamer is doing because it still does it when I comment out the code that starts the listener. So really I am just after an understanding of the sync error and if it is something to be concerned about.

Administrator
    The reported request for control.js, with LS_op=destroy, can be made by the Client Library anytime a session gets closed.
    The purpose is to make sure that the session is also closed on the server side, because there may be intermediate nodes in the path to the Server that keep their socket open.
    So, the request is most of the time redundant and it may end up in a "sync error", which is not an error indeed.

If I understand well, in the described situation it is expect that some session closes.

On the other hand, the LS_session=blah parameter would be strange; I assume "blah" is your own placeholder.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli View Post
    The reported request for control.js, with LS_op=destroy, can be made by the Client Library anytime a session gets closed.
    The purpose is to make sure that the session is also closed on the server side, because there may be intermediate nodes in the path to the Server that keep their socket open.
    So, the request is most of the time redundant and it may end up in a "sync error", which is not an error indeed.

If I understand well, in the described situation it is expect that some session closes.

On the other hand, the LS_session=blah parameter would be strange; I assume "blah" is your own placeholder.
    Ignore the "blah" That is just me replacing the real session with something meaningless. It normally says something like Sf89215ee622fba6fT0508444

I am wondering why the session is being closed. Does this imply that I am closing something somewhere without actually realising it? As far as my code is concerned, nothing is being closed from a lightstreamer perspective unless I have a bug of course.