Adapters Classloader

Hi

Currently I'm working on more advanced user, session and subscribtion management in our adapters implementation. I need some service objects which are shared by MetaProvider and DataProvider implementations. I decided to use Spring as it gives great out of the box application context support.

I have two adapters instances running on one server. The problem I've noticed is that both adapters use the same classloader and my classpath dependent resources are read just from one location (the first adapter/.../classes directory). I did some testing and it's defenitely one classloader to load them all . Which just breaks my whole idea. (I don't want to make my resources file system or directory structure dependent because it causes more trouble later).

Am I doing something wrong? Any sugestions how to make adapter libs and resources loaded by different classloader? (just like apps in webapp/application servers)

Thanks,
    Maciek

Administrator
    Hi

indeed, Lightstreamer Server currently lacks a sophisticated management of multiple Adapers and uses a single classloader for all adapter code.
    Hence, isolation of adapter jars could only be achieved by implementing it on the adapter side as well.

Dario

It's a pitty there's no any magic solution.

Yup, using custom adapter path driven classloader seems like the only solution for this problem.

Thanks,
    Maciek