Power Member

Popup blocker warning when starting Lightstreamer connection

When I start Lightstreamer on an application via a host that I have not previously used, I get a popup warning from my browser (Firefox). If I don't allow the popup, it doesn't prevent the LS from working which is good. However, it is a bit annoying to get the warning. If I take the option to allow the popup then of course the warning goes away, but you still see a small pop-up window appear very briefly at the top left hand side of the browser window.

Can you tell me if this is expected behaviour, and whether or not it can be suppressed?

EDIT: I think this belongs on one of the JavaScript Client sub-forums - sorry
    Last edited by kpturner; February 1st, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Power Member
    Hi kpturner,

Usually the popup alert is more a chrome issue than a firefox issue; anyway the popup is part of the connection sharing mechanism: if you do not use the enableSharing call or configure the second parameter to be "IGNORE" (or "ABORT") then you should not see any blocked-popup alert. Obviously that would also prevent pages from sharing their connection.

See http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...#enableSharing for the full description

Power Member
    OK - I am using "ATTACH", "CREATE". Does this mean I have to live with the popup blocker issue? I guess you are saying "Yes"

Power Member
    exactly .