I have my Lighstreamer server set up to have a single data adapter, which is actually using the supplied Adapter Proxy. I then also have a Remote Server which is using the .NET components to connect to this Adapter Proxy, and this works fine. I also have a .NET client which can connect to the same data adapter and on subscribing it gets a snapshot of the data sent to it and updates/deletes to the data from the Remote Server app are also received by the client. No problems there then

Now, I've moved on to setting up a web client and followed the instructions in the "Web Client Tutorial" PDF document to do this. I've put together a simple single HTML page which is hosted on a web server which the Lightstreamer server is not running on,, I have entries in my hosts file to make the webserver and LS server appear to be in the same domain. My page contains a single HTML table which I am using as an OverWriteTable as the tutorial describes.

When I display the page I can see from the LS server's log file that it is accepting the connection from the push page and within my page itself I am displaying the status of the LightStreamerEngine object and I can see that this changes to "STREAMING" very shortly after the page loads and stays at that status. If I close the browser with my page in it I can see that LS server logging the fact that an HTTP connection from my PC got closed and a PUMP POOLED THREAD also closes as connection to the same PC. So I believe that my pushpage is succesfully connecting to the LS server.

However, I set up an event handler for my OverWriteTable's "onStart" event and this never gets fired. The documentation says this event gets fired when the table object is subscribed to the data adapter, so this says to me that my page is not subscribing correctly. The contents of my HTML table also never get updated. I'm using Firefox 2 with the "View Source Chart" Add-in which shows that the contents of attributes of the <div source="lightstreamer"> elements in the <TD> elements of my table have been modified, presumably by the call to my PushPage objects addTable() method.

My question is, how do the table, item and field attributes of the <div> elements relate to the field names of the data that my Remote Server feeds into the data adapter? Also, given that the Remote Server and my .NET client specify a table name when they connect to the data adapter where would I use this in my web client?

I guess what I'm asking is how exactly do I relate what's in my data adapter's data tables to what I have in my push page.