Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power Member

Internet Explorer 9 constantly disconnects

I am testing my application with Internet Explorer 9 and I find that it constantly disconnects. Is this expected? The cycle of status updates looks like this:

CONNECTING
    CONNECTED:STREAM-SENSING
    CONNECTED:HTTP-STREAMING
    CONNECTED:HTTP-POLLING
    DISCONNECTED:WILL-RETRY
    CONNECTING
    CONNECTING
    When I subscribe I use getItems to transform the item to include the session id. I then make use of the session passed to my sendMessage() method to retrieve the handler object and return the smartUpdate. However, since it is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting (and therefore getting a new session each time) more often than not my request/response cycle is broken.

The cycle is quite long running (500-600ms) so by the time my adapter is ready for the smartUpdate the session that originated the request has gone.

This cycle of connect/disconnect is evident with the Lightstreamer demos also.

The only thing that does not exhibit this behaviour (that I have) is the "Hello World" example. With this there is a constant process of updates going on between the server and client, and in this instance the client does not keep disconnecting.
    Last edited by kpturner; December 15th, 2012 at 07:14 PM.

Power Member
    Obviously this is not the intended behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by kpturner View Post
    This cycle of connect/disconnect is evident with the Lightstreamer demos also.
    Do you have the same cycle connecting to our online demos? (e.g.: http://www.lightstreamer.com/demo/ChatDemo)

I would like to see the server log to start investigation on the issue.

Power Member
    Sorry Mone - I did not mean to sound facetious.

Yes, I see this behaviour while accessing http://www.lightstreamer.com/demo/ChatDemo
    Also when connecting to Lightstreamer running on my PC (localhost) and also when connected to Lightstreamer running on my IBMi partition.

I have left my IE 9 session on the http://www.lightstreamer.com/demo/ChatDemo just in case it is of any use in helping diagnosis.

On my server I keep seeing this repeated over and over again:
    Code:
    7-Dec-12 22:00:54,190|INFO |LightstreamerLogger.requests     |FOR PUMPS PARKING DESTROYER|Closed session S9d6e7904bbdfe76T0039271 with internal cause code: 38 (Interrupted)
    Last edited by kpturner; December 17th, 2012 at 11:09 PM.

Power Member
    Can I stop my IE9 session now? Hopefully you have plenty of information in the log.

Power Member
    That "Interrupted" message means that the connection was broken somehow client-side (or somewhere in the middle).

I confirm from our logs that the connection is unexpectedly closed.

Are you able to capture the traffic on the client machine? I would start with a fiddler log and then proceed with a network snoop if necessary.

PS: no need to keep your IE running, sorry

Power Member
    I will kick it off again with Fiddler enabled and send you what I get. It should take too long.

Power Member
    I hope the attached is useful
    Attached Files Attached Files

Power Member
    I have tested it on five PCs now. Only one exhibits this problem. So, although I need to resolve it (I have disabled all the add-ons just in case), it is not quite as serious as I first thought.

Power Member
    From fiddler everything looks ok, so is probably something on the client/broweser/pc

I have uploaded a simple test on our web server, can you please try it with the problematic IE9 and tell me what you see?
    DISCLAIMER: the code is from the microsoft documentation, I have only changed the target address. Open it and click GET: http://www.lightstreamer.com/temp/ietest.html

Power Member
    I clicked GET and after a longish delay I got a popup window saying "XDR ontimeout"