Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power Member
    I suppose that other IEs show "XDR onprogress" at least once, is that right?
    Anyway, this looks different from what you got in the library (I was expecting a "XDR onerror")

Sorry to bother you, but before coding a work-around I want to correctly understand why IE behaves like this.

Please do the following:
    • reload and try again the test clicking stream
    • reload and try again the test clicking poll
      • If with this new test you can get the "XDR onload" alert please try by lowering the idle timeout on our libraries until you can get a working polling session; the default value is 19000ms (you can also set it to 0 as last resort)

( http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...#setIdleMillis )

With this test I can verify if the class gives the error because of the long wait or if there's something else triggering the issue.

Another question, are you using InPrivate Browsing?

Power Member
    No - not InPrivate browsing.

Oddly enough, I cannot seem to repeat the problem now. The Chat demo is remaining steadily connected in HTTP Polling mode.

With the test URL you provided, when I click "Stream" nothing seems to happen.

When I click "Poll" nothing seemed to happen for about 20 seconds - then I get an "XDR onload" alert followed by an alert saying "Got: blah blah blah". On subsequent tests, the "XDR onload" alert comes up after two or three seconds.....it was only my first attempt that seemed to take a while.

I have 5.1 (1622) installed now.
    Last edited by kpturner; December 31st, 2012 at 02:23 PM.