Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power Member
    Great - thanks. Could yo also elaborate on
    DISTINCT mode with unfiltered dispatching enabled
    I can see "unfiltered dispatching" mentioned in a few places in the docs but I cannot find anything that explains exactly what it is and how it is implemented.

Administrator
    Generally we refer to "unfiltered dispatching" when no limits on the frequency of updates is applied to an Item.

As well as the snapshot settings, the frequency settings can be configured both server-side and client-side.
    On the server side, by the function getAllowedMaxItemFrequency, you can set an upper limit on the frequency for each Item.
    On the clients side, by the function setRequestedMaxFrequency, you can choose for each of them its proper frequency limit, even dynamically during the life of the subscription.

Please refer of section "3.3 The itemEventBuffer" of "General Concepts.pdf" document for further details.

Power Member
    Seems to work very well thanks. I have switched the broadcast to DISTINCT and setRequestedSnapshot(1). The client is unable to broadcast until onEndOfSnapshot() is fired. The single snapshot update (if received) is ignored.

Thanks for your help.

FWIW this is just a client broadcasting the position of a slider, and other subscribers to the broadcast will see their slider move in unison (and vice-versa).

Administrator
    Fine!

Have you set "unfiltered" in your DISTINCT subscription in order to be more closely to the RAW mode used before?

However, if the data transmitted is the position of the slider then I do not see a strong need for move to the "unfiltered dispatching".

Power Member
    Yes I did this:
    Code:
    blah.setRequestedMaxFrequency("unfiltered");