Hybrid View

Power Member
    Thanks for the update. I am a noob so I have very little experience of snapshot maintenance at the moment (apart from what I have seen in the chat demo). I guess I need to read up a little.

The problem I had with DISTINCT was that when I created a system wide broadcast, any new clients of the broadcast got all the previous broadcasts. Quite a useful feature, but one I specifically did not require here. Does unfiltered dispatching stop that? If so, how do I implement it?

I need to read up on getDistinctSnapshotLength() also it seems.

Administrator
    In DISTINCT mode the lenght of snapshot can be configured both server side and client side.

In your MetaData Adapter by the getDistinctSnapshotLength method you can specify the maximum lenght (in number of updates) of the snapshot for each item.

Client side, the setRequestedSnapshot method allow you to specify the requested length of the snapshot that every client wants to receive (you can also opt to not request snapshot delivery at all).
    Please note that listening on onEndOfSnapshot event handler allow your client to be notified that all snapshot events for an item in the Subscription have been received.