Power Member

How do I use SSL with Colosseo?

Is there an idiots guide to configuring Lightstreamer Colosseo to use SSL so that I can use wss connectivity from my clients?

I was expecting some configuration options where I can specify the SSL port, key store location etc but I can't find it. I have fopund a PDF that explains how to create a key store but I already know that. What I don't know is where I tell Lightstreamer to use it

Any help gratefully received.

Power Member
    Hi,

if you have downloaded Lightstreamer Colosseo Moderato (i.e. the free edition) or if you have configured your Lightstreamer Server to run in the Allegro edition, you can't use SSL as it is not supported.
    Otherwise you should find a <https_server> element in the default lightstreamer_conf.xml file (see http://www.lightstreamer.com/distros...eamer_conf.xml) that contains instructions about its configuration.

HTH

Power Member
    Yes I think this is the case. I have the free edition for evaluation purposes. Which version would I need to get to be able to test with SSL, and will it be backward compatible with the version I have been testing with so far? Purchasing licences is not an issue if/when I decide that I want to progress with Lightstreamer (so far, I am liking it very much. The documentation is very well constructed).

Administrator
    Hi kpturner,

TLS/SSL support feature is optional for Allegro edition and included in "Presto" and "Vivace" edition, so if you want to test SSL you should dowload Lightstreamer 5.0 Colosseo "Allegro/Presto/Vivace" and set "Vivace" or "Presto" in <edition> parameter of lightstreamer_version_conf.xml file.

About compatibility the main difference between the editions are the additional Features and Capabilities which distinguish each edition; so the code (on both adapter and client side) that works with your "Moderato" edition will work so fine with "Allegro / Presto / Vivace" edition too.

Power Member
    OK - thanks