Whilst evaluating Lightstreamer I have created a little "echo" facility using a metadata adapter and a data adapter. It basically works, so I feel I have the fundamentals within my grasp. My problem is that when I have multiple clients use the echo facility, the message sent by one client is echoed back to all the connected clients rather than only the one that sent it. A rather novel facility should I want to use instant messaging - but in this case I do not. I just want the message sent back to the client that sent it - and that is all.

Clearly I something fundamentally wrong here - probably to do with my "subscribe" and "sendMessage" methods. Can somebody give me a pointer as to what I should be doing below:

Code:
public void subscribe(String itemName, Object itemHandle, boolean needsIterator) throws SubscriptionException, FailureException  {
        // We must be ready to accept subscription requests. If we receive an "echo" item we will start a thread to
        // handle the data.
        // If more users subscribe to the “echo” item, the subscribe method is not called anymore. 
        // When the last user unsubscribes from this item, our Adapter is notified through the unsubscribe call
        logDebug("EchoDataAdapter subscribed: "+itemHandle.toString());    
        if (!itemName.equals("echo")) {
            // only one item for a unique echo is managed
            throw new SubscriptionException("No such item");
        }

assert(subscribed == null);

subscribed = itemHandle;

}

public void sendMessage(String message) {
        // Receives a message from the metadata adapter, which we will simply echo back
        //logDebug("EchoDataAdapter received sendMessage: "+message);
        this.echoMessage(message);
    }

private void echoMessage(String message) {
        final Object currHandle = subscribed;
        final HashMap<String, String> echo = new HashMap<String, String>();
        echo.put("message", message);

//If we have a listener create a new Runnable to be used as a task to pass the
        //new update to the listener
        Runnable echoMessage = new Runnable() {
            public void run() {
                // call the update on the listener;
                // in case the listener has just been detached,
                // the listener should detect the case
                logDebug("Echoing "+echo.get("message"));
                listener.smartUpdate(currHandle, echo, false);
            }
        };

//We add the task on the executor to pass to the listener the actual status
        executor.execute(echoMessage);

}
Also, when a connection is made a session gets created. How do I get that session identifier on the client?

Thanks