Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
Note that Lightstreamer Server initializes the adapters sequentially, by listing the directories in the alphabetical order; when a Proxy Adapters is involved, the initialization is not completed until the corresponding Remote Server connects to the listening ports (either one or two); then the listening ports are closed
Dario
AAAH, now I see what's going on. None of what you have just told me is in the documentation. If I'd known this then I would not have had a problem.

So, that also means that an Adapter Proxy can only accept exactly 1 Remote Server connection? This because once a connection has been accepted then a further "listen" is not put up on the server. In our environment we want to distribute data that can be coerced to be of similar type coming from multiple sources, so one mechanism that seemed possible to us was to have an adapter proxy which multiple remote servers connected to. Another alternative was to have one adapter per type of data source within our system, although even though there could be more than once instance of the data type's specific application running (working on different parts of the same dataset) so we'd still need to have more than one connection to an adapter proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
Note that the sequential initialization of the adapters may pose some problems and, indeed, with our Proxy Adapters, it is deadlock-prone. We just assumed that all Remote Adapters are independent processes.
Dario
What do you mean by the last part of that, the "independent processes" comment?