another tcp port listening?

Hi,

Reaching the clients to port 8080, port 1177 due to information about the receivables from other clients.
    how do it?

Power Member
    Hi,

can you please clarify your requirements?
    If you simply need the server to listen on different ports, simply add as many <http_server> and/or <https_server> elements as needed in the Lightstreamer configuration file.

Please note that we suggest to always configure Lightstreamer to listen on standard ports (80 / 443) once in a production environment.

Thank you for your response.

Here is my scenario;

150 clients are connected our server app on 1177 port. 150-character strings that are coming from clients. Records to the database on our server by parsing them.
    Users enrolled in the database with web browsers, see the data. Page with an ajax timer to 20 seconds, showing the data to the user.
    I parse the data from port 1177 and connects to users through a browser I want to push this data to lightstreamer them.
    On the other hand managers should see another browser clients and the clients connect to port 1177 must send any messages.
    and be able to see live on users connecting through a browser. must be able communicate with them live.
    So users will see clients. Clients and users to connect to port 1177 using the system, administrators can monitor them in real-time.

How do I install lightstreamer with this structure?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Administrator
    Please help us understand the scenario.

Who "connects to users through a browser"? I expected that the "users" could connect to your system through a browser.
    Are "clients" and "users" totally different entities?
    Is it correct that the activity of the "clients" is monitored by your system and the "users" can see this activity on a browser?
    The "clients" connected on port 1177 connect through a browser as well?
    Can the "managers" see which "users" are connected? How should they "communicate with them live"? Through a chat?

As an alternative to answering the above question, may you please provide definitions for the concepts of "user", "client", "manager", "the system", "server app" and provide a list of all different interactions between them?

clients: data to the server throwing devices,
    users: the web browser users.

Managers: Client and user manager.

server app (1177): Review the data received from the clients. Clients connected via TCP.

----Are "clients" and "users" totally different entities?----
    Yes, the Clients=server app (port 1177) connected. Users:
    connects through a browser.

----Is it correct that the activity of the "clients" is monitored by your system and the "users" can see this activity on a browser?----
    the "clients" is review by our system and the "users" can see this activity on a browser.

----The "clients" connected on port 1177 connect through a browser as well?----
    No: the "clients" is connected to the TCP protocol.

----Can the "managers" see which "users" are connected? How should they "communicate with them live"? Through a chat?----
    I have to chat with them and I want to watch them to keep their statistics.

Lightstreamer is going to be the server app and a web server.
    I need to tie together all the units in this way.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Administrator
    You can certainly use Lightstreamer Server to feed the pages seen by your users with the real-time information on the activity of the clients.
    I see that you store messages coming from the clients on a Database; the best way to forward these messages to the user pages should be letting the messages reach your Data Adapter directly, on a parallel route. Then, if you need to provide the user page with the cumulated state of a client (the snapshot, in Lightstreamer terms), your Data Adapter can still inquiry the Database.

In order to track the activity of the users to keep the managers informed, you can leverage Lightstreamer itself. In fact, as the user pages open push sessions towards Lightstreamer Server, the Metadata Adapter will receives notifications on the activity of the various sessions and your implementation can forward this information to the Data Adapter and the Database as well. This is done (in an oversimplified way) by our Chat Demo.

Note that Lightstreamer is conceived as a source of real-time data for the web pages, but in order to supply the web pages we suggest using an external Web Server (see the typical architecture in the first part of the JavaScript client guide).
    Lightstreamer Server also offers basic Web Server functionalities, but we only leverage them for our demos.

I'll try.
    Thank you for your interest.