Quote Originally Posted by shobha
Hi,
I am trying to build my DotNet Adapter for Lightstreamer Server v. 3.4.4 build 1361.
But unable to use the sample given by LIghtstreamer.Can any one help me with DotNet sample programs for building a custom Adapter.

Thanks.
I got the same problem. I tried the stand alone Socked sample in the SDK (PDF) and wrote a DotNetServer hocking up to the LightStream Request/Reply port (RRPort) (6661) and that seems ok, the problem is that the NotifyStream needs to be hooked up on another port (6662) (And the MetaData Provider adapter is connected sucessfully as in the manual). In the adapters.xml (StockList_sockets) there's two definitions, MetaDataProvider and DataProvider. Seems as the Lightstream doesnt start the DataProvider notify listener for me (can't see any port 6662 via cmd > netstat).

I'm going to try the piped mode instead, as I understood it, you'll put the DotNetServer into the path specified in MetaDataProvider AdapterClass. Still I'm not sure whether the DataProvider AdapterClass will kick, as it didn't with sockets for me.

I think a Step-By-Step instruction is needed for the dot net.

Edit:

From the PDF Manual:

NOTE: Lightstreamer Server must be up and running in order for the Remote .NET Adapters to attach
to its Proxy Adapters. Furthermore, if both the Proxy Metadata Adapter and Proxy Data Adapter are
used, then the Remote .NET Metadata Adapter should attach to the Proxy before the Remote .NET
Data Adapter.

Does this says that the MetaData Adapter have to be initialized first? Looking at the sourcecode in StandAloneLauncher.cs in the SDK the DataProvider is Started first WITH the NotifyPort, then the MetaData Provider is initialized later with te Request/Reply port.

My guess is that It didn't work out for me cause I initialized the metadata provider with the rrport first (as the manual reffered).