Lighstreamer stress testing

Hello,

I have been trying to simulate a good amount of concurrent users receiving a simple message containing the time the message was sent from the lightstreamer server.

I have been doing this by creating a new System Thread every 500ms (!) and creating a new client connection in it (because to initiate a new TcpClient, it needs to be in a new Thread (?)). The problem with this is of course that as soon as some 300 Threads are created a Thread Overflow Exception is thrown.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to achieve this in any way possible? I am doing this because I need to get visible results of a comet server stress/performance testing for my University thesis.

Would really appreciate any help! Thanks

Administrator
    May you please clarify what client connections do you mean?
    You mention a stress test, which usually involves a high number of connections from a client towards Lightstreamer Server.
    However, you are writing in the ".NET Adapter" topic; is it just a mistake?
    And may you please confirm that you are using an evaluation installation of the Allegro/Presto/Vivace version of the Server? In fact, connections from clients other than a browser are not directly supported in the Moderato version.

As far as a .NET client is concerned, there is no direct help from our .NET Client Library for setting up stress tests efficiently.
    In fact, the library is designed for scenarios in which one or a few sessions are opened by the application, so it requires one thread per each session.

Administrator
    Andrea, write to support@lightstreamer.com and we can help you via a special load test toolkit.

Yes it is a .NET client issue! I did not notice there was the .NET client section as well sorry, my mistake!

Yes I am using an evaluation of the Duomo Vivace and recently Colosseo Vivace (to test web sockets as well). But this should not be a problem because I can have unlimited connections while testing for 2 months no?

What I meant with Client Connections is ".NET client sessions". You are right, I noticed that not many .NET sessions can be run at once because of the Thread problem.

I will contact you on support. Thanks a lot