Logging to NT eventlog

Our LS 4.0 server is running on Windows Server as window service. What need to be done in the configuraion in order to let LS put its log messages to NT event log?

Thanks

Administrator
    LS Server leans entirely on "Logback" for its own logging activity, so the log can be sent to any destination, provided that there is a suitable Logback appender.
    As far as I know, no ready-made Logback appender for the NT event log is available.
    You would have to write your own appender class, then add it to the Server classpath and configure an appender in lightstreamer_log_conf.xml based on your appender class.

We are not experts on this matter; I guess you could, alternatively, use one of the ready-made appenders to send your log to an external process which, in turn, would append the log to the NT event log. I see that a SocketAppender class is available in Logback.

Is it possible to configure LS 4.0 to use log4j instead of Logback? As I know, log4j has appender for NT eventlog.

Power Member
    Hi,

the only way to use log4j in place of logback would be to create (or configure if anything like this already exists) a logback appender that forwards messages to log4j.

A better solution would be to port the log4j NT-event-log-appender to logback; if the source code of such appender is available the porting should be an easy task

HTH