connect Light streamer and j2EE web application

I have managed to run the Light streamer server and write simple hello world data adapter with Light streamer. But now I want to send data to light streamer server from web application java class. (connect Light streamer and my web project.). I don't have idea to do this... Please give me idea. Thanks in advance

Regards
    Pradeep
    (knowledge is power when it applied.)

Integrate lightstreamer with web application

Hi i am new to lightstreamer. I managed to configure and run simple hello world lightstreamer application. I have developed web application using jboss, spring and jsf. so how i can integrate lightstreamer with my web application.
    Thanks in Advance

Administrator
    By integrating Lightstreamer in your web application, your pages will be supplied by your application server while real-time data will be supplied by Lightstreamer Server directly to the client browser.
    You can find an explanation of our philosophy in the Web Client Dev.pdf document under DOCS-SDKs\sdk_client_html\doc in LS distribution package.

Now that the tutorial demo is working, you can look at the preinstalled demos available from the home page of Lightstreamer Server and see the "External Deployment" section in the home page for hints on how the same demos can be redeployed by moving the pages to a web server and letting Lightstreamer Server only handle the real-time updates.
    This should be the template for your own web application.

Hence, your Data Adapter running on Lightstreamer Server should be able to get any real-time data from your back-end, possibly bypassing the application server.

Thank You very much DarioCrivelli. I have configured lightstreamer and my web project. now stocklistDemo is working with my web project. how i can send my backend stock data to lightstreamer and view those in web browser. (Currently data provide by another server when new order place.) How i can send those data to lightstreamer.
    Thanks in Advance...

Regards
    Pradeep
    (knowledge is power when it applied.)

How to write my own stock list data adapter

I looked at demo stock list data adapter given with light streamer and try to write my own data adapter.In my project when order submit to back end server, it gives massage that should push to each client(web browser). So how i can write my own data adapter to retrieve massage and send it to light streamer server.
    Thanks in Advance

Regards
    Pradeep

Administrator
    Sorry, we don't provide facilities for the integration of any specific back-end system to the Data Adapter interface, though we are working on doing something for the future.

If JMS is available in your J2EE environment to request data to your back-end, then coding a java Data Adapter which accesses JMS would be an advisable approach.
    Note that we provide a sample implementation of the StockListDemo Data Adapter based on JMS;
    it is in DOCS-SDKs\sdk_adapter_java\examples\StockListDemo_JMS_D ataAdapter in the distribution package.

Push your own quotes to the clients is very simple...

At first...thanks for lightstreamer...what a great solution!
    Today i finished the development of my own DataAdapter with the possibility of injecting my own realtime data (quotes and portfolio updates).
    It is really simple, so let me share some infos about it.

The quotes and portfolio informations are part of a trading application and will be updated realtime. This application is the "backend". I added a TCP Server to the backend. This server broadcasts the desired informations to all connected clients. This is the point where lightstreamer comes into the play. Like in the HelloWorld example the subscribe method will create a new thread which will manage the communication with the handleItem.
    This thread will create a new TCP Clientsocket and connects to the TCP server of the backend. The rest is easy. The receive thread of the clients splits the received messages in fields which represent the different fields in the <div> containers. Like in the HelloWorldExample all fields will be added to a map which maps the fieldname to the content. The listener.smartUpdate method provides the mechanism of hand over the data to the handleItem.

Schema:

|-----------------Lightstreamserver------------|--------Network-------|-----------Backend------------------------------|
    DataAdapter <-> "FrontendConnector"<------------------------>"BackendConnector"<->Coresystem

FrontendConnector = TCP Client
    BackendConnector = TCP Server

Regard!
    exchange1973

Administrator
    Hi Exchange1973, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

-Alessandro