Hello World -- Socket

Hi All,

I have followed the example written in the below link:
    http://cometdaily.com/2008/07/29/hel...lightstreamer/

what i did is,
    setup the server and adapters successfully then run the ls_sever and two telnet commands request/response window and notification window and opened the index.htm.

results,
    i can see the telnet comands are connected to ls_Server but when finish loading index.htm nothing done.. no subscription.. and i cannot see the actual id that i should replace it with example to send message.. and when i trying to send message [WARN] will appear in the ls_Server.

please if anyone can help me on this, i need to send message from the server and received by client to process it. and if anyone has worked successfully run the telnet commands via .net please send it to me.I cannot see the results of below posted paragraph after open the index.htm link nothing happens:
    "The “greetings” item has been subscribed too by the Client, with a schema comprised of the “message” and “timestamp” fields. The Server has then subscribed to the same item through our Remote Adapter (due to the fact that Lightstreamer Server v.3.x is based on a “Publish On-Demand” paradigm). This subscription will manifest itself as a request in the requets/response window, similar to the following:
    10000011b6a823e31|SUB|S|greetings"

Thanks in advance,

Administrator
    So, as a result of the index.html page being shown by the browser, you don't see the subscription request being written on your "request/response" telnet window.
    First, we should ascertain that the client has been able to open the streaming session on the Server.
    Please show us the Server log produced during your attempt.

By the way, have you also tried the basic tutorial with success?

Thanks Mr. DarioCrivelli,

as you said the problem was in subscription and i went through the demos to create push page as they had created and works fine. but if you know any tutorial or example provide the telnets commnads using .net application as listed in perl because perl example not working with me but basic telnet works.

Best Regards,

Power Member
    Hi,

we never wrote a perl example but something was in the comments of Alessandro's post here: http://cometdaily.com/2008/07/29/hel...lightstreamer/
    Is that the example that does not work?

Note that the ARI protocol is fully documented; You can find it in the DOCS-SDKs\sdk_adapter_remoting_infrastructure\doc folder in the Lightstreamer distribution

HTH

I thought that adapter sets are sandboxed and independant from each other.????
    We are the leading the world in providing best http://test-king.com/ dumps prep solutions. Our incredible offers for and gedare accessible at reasonable prices; our Florida National University is very rare in IT world.

Administrator
    Hi Pyarsekaho,

I confirm that each Adapter Set installed in a Lightstreamer server is independent from each other.
    Furthermore version 6.0 introduced separate ClassLoaders for loading the resources related with the various Adapter Sets.
    As a consequence, classes pertaining to different Adapter Sets can no longer see each other, though they can still share any classes defined in the "shared" folder. Please refer to changelog of version 6.0 for further details.

Nevertheless this has major implications in case the Java In-Process Adapters library is in use.
    In the case of Remote Adapters, as discussed in this thread, the implications are limited because the Adapter are implemented with technology freely chose by the developer, and the communication with the server simply rely on 3 TCP/IP connections and a well-defined protocol.

Regards,
    Giuseppe