Hi Guys,

In the first place, my congratulations for giving us access to the bleeding edge of technologies with your framework.

We are planning to use LightstreamerPush for a messaging kind of application. So there will be many connected users and every user will have the option of sending data to other online users. The client application will be mostly in PHP along with Dojo. Will use PHPMQ to communicate to Push Server adapter.

So my understanding so far on pieces of code we should be implementing (pls correct me if I am wrong) -

DataProvider - The implementation that will manage all users and receive their messages.
JMSAdapter - The implementation that will receive messages over JMS for DataProvider
MetaDataProvider - The implementation that will use the username, password info in getItems function to provide user specific handling.

My doubt with MetaDataProvider, I saw both your implementations, basically getItems
is called only once when loading the dataprovider for the user and not every time the data is sent to the user.

How do I implement user specific behavior, basically I need to push messages to him only when it is intended for him. Stating it differently, I need to receive all messages and see if a user has subscribed for the particular username, if so I need to push the message to him. In which function and class should I keep the code for this functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Vishnu