Results 1 to 8 of 8

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    sofia
    Posts
    40

    Strange warning 130 is showing + missing file lsengine_config.js after updating libs.

    Hi,

    I was using ls client js libraries 4.3.1. At some point we updated lightstreamer server to 5.0.
    But client libraries stayed 4.3.1. Now i updated client js libraries and on my local setup everything works fine (excluding this popup error: Warning 130
    Firebug is known to cause performance and memory issues with Lightstreamer.). But on my UAT server push updates are not working for all browsers. What i mean is that when i connect to page which uses push updates from any of my browsers (on my PC) i don't receive updates and i see from firebug that there is 404 error lsengine_config.js not found (there is no such file anywhere). But from some other PC's every thing is working.

    Also why is this FF popup issue showing when i disabled all popups coming from libraries:
    Code:
    page.context.setDomain(map['domain']);
    page.context.setDebugAlertsOnClientError(false);
    page.onEngineCreation = function(engine) {
    engine.connection.setLSHost(map['host']);
    engine.connection.setLSPort(map['port']);
    engine.connection.setAdapterName(map['adapter_root']);
    engine.changeStatus(map['engine_status']);
    engine.context.setDebugAlertsOnClientError(false);
    }
    page.bind();
    page.createEngine("app", map['ls_home'], map['ls_session']);
    Warning 130
    Firebug is known to cause performance and memory issues with Lightstreamer.

  2. #2
    Power Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cesano Maderno, Italy
    Posts
    784
    well, lsengine_config.js was deprecated on version 4.2 (released on 2007) and completely removed on version 4.3 (released on 2008), see the changelog for further details: http://www.lightstreamer.com/share/C...TML#web_client
    If I remember correctly such file was directly included in the lsengine.html file, check that such file is correctly updated to the latest version

    as per the alert see this: http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...#onClientAlert
    and
    http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...#onClientAlert
    I know this proliferation of alert/debug setting is misleading, the next version of the library will remove all of such alert-related settings

    HTH

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    sofia
    Posts
    40
    Well my client libraries are version 5.0 build 1446.3 and my lightstream server is Lightstreamer Server version 4.0.1 build 1513.1.3. Why is this happening then?

    Also i have overridden the onClientAlert functions but message is still popping:

    Code:
    page.context.setDomain(map['domain']);
    page.context.setDebugAlertsOnClientError(false);
    page.onClientAlert = function(code, errorMex) {}
    page.onEngineCreation = function(engine) {
    engine.onClientAlert = function(code, errorMex) {}	
    engine.connection.setLSHost(map['host']);
    engine.connection.setLSPort(map['port']);
    engine.connection.setAdapterName(map['adapter_root']);
    engine.changeStatus(map['engine_status']);	
    engine.context.setDebugAlertsOnClientError(false);
    }
    page.bind();
    page.createEngine("app", map['ls_home'], map['ls_session']);

  4. #4
    Power Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cesano Maderno, Italy
    Posts
    784
    Hi mnechev,

    Try to find where is the reference to such lsengine_config.js file

    as per the alert, are you sure that's the only PushPage instance around?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    sofia
    Posts
    40
    Actually as i told you before, for some browsers everything works ok for some not. It got working for my browser after i several times cleared the cache and restarted the computer. I can't find the js call anywhere. May be i have some caching problems...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    sofia
    Posts
    40
    I began to experience few problems after i updated client javascript libraries to version 5.0!

    Even i suspended all client popup messages, for some unknown reason i began to receive some strange message:
    ER Item names should be alphanumeric(underscore, caret and dot also allowed) GroupListDescriptor

    I checked all my schema/group subscriptions and they don't contain any underscore, caret or dot. I don't know why i am getting this type of error. The server log shows that i was subscribed to "item_name_error" which is from LS client js libraries.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Strange exception
    By Alex Zherdev in forum Client APIs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM
  2. IE script warning
    By jonasby1 in forum Client APIs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
  3. web client is not updating , no errors in server console
    By kishorekkk in forum Adapter APIs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 10th, 2009, 09:33 AM
  4. Strange FireFox error
    By jameswolfe in forum Client APIs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 27th, 2007, 02:24 PM
  5. Deprecation warning in the LiteralBasedProvider
    By jsharpe in forum Client APIs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 19th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:00 PM.