Strange warning 130 is showing + missing file lsengine_config.js after updating libs.

Hi,

I was using ls client js libraries 4.3.1. At some point we updated lightstreamer server to 5.0.
    But client libraries stayed 4.3.1. Now i updated client js libraries and on my local setup everything works fine (excluding this popup error: Warning 130
    Firebug is known to cause performance and memory issues with Lightstreamer.). But on my UAT server push updates are not working for all browsers. What i mean is that when i connect to page which uses push updates from any of my browsers (on my PC) i don't receive updates and i see from firebug that there is 404 error lsengine_config.js not found (there is no such file anywhere). But from some other PC's every thing is working.

Also why is this FF popup issue showing when i disabled all popups coming from libraries:
    Code:
    page.context.setDomain(map['domain']);
    page.context.setDebugAlertsOnClientError(false);
    page.onEngineCreation = function(engine) {
    engine.connection.setLSHost(map['host']);
    engine.connection.setLSPort(map['port']);
    engine.connection.setAdapterName(map['adapter_root']);
    engine.changeStatus(map['engine_status']);
    engine.context.setDebugAlertsOnClientError(false);
    }
    page.bind();
    page.createEngine("app", map['ls_home'], map['ls_session']);
    Warning 130
    Firebug is known to cause performance and memory issues with Lightstreamer.

Power Member
    well, lsengine_config.js was deprecated on version 4.2 (released on 2007) and completely removed on version 4.3 (released on 2008), see the changelog for further details: http://www.lightstreamer.com/share/C...TML#web_client
    If I remember correctly such file was directly included in the lsengine.html file, check that such file is correctly updated to the latest version

as per the alert see this: http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...#onClientAlert
    and
    http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...#onClientAlert
    I know this proliferation of alert/debug setting is misleading, the next version of the library will remove all of such alert-related settings

HTH

Well my client libraries are version 5.0 build 1446.3 and my lightstream server is Lightstreamer Server version 4.0.1 build 1513.1.3. Why is this happening then?

Also i have overridden the onClientAlert functions but message is still popping:

Code:
    page.context.setDomain(map['domain']);
    page.onClientAlert = function(code, errorMex) {}
    page.onEngineCreation = function(engine) {
    engine.onClientAlert = function(code, errorMex) {}	
    engine.connection.setLSHost(map['host']);
    engine.connection.setLSPort(map['port']);
    engine.connection.setAdapterName(map['adapter_root']);
    engine.changeStatus(map['engine_status']);	
    }
    page.bind();
    page.createEngine("app", map['ls_home'], map['ls_session']);

Power Member
    Hi mnechev,

Try to find where is the reference to such lsengine_config.js file

as per the alert, are you sure that's the only PushPage instance around?

Actually as i told you before, for some browsers everything works ok for some not. It got working for my browser after i several times cleared the cache and restarted the computer. I can't find the js call anywhere. May be i have some caching problems...

I began to experience few problems after i updated client javascript libraries to version 5.0!

Even i suspended all client popup messages, for some unknown reason i began to receive some strange message:
    ER Item names should be alphanumeric(underscore, caret and dot also allowed) GroupListDescriptor

I checked all my schema/group subscriptions and they don't contain any underscore, caret or dot. I don't know why i am getting this type of error. The server log shows that i was subscribed to "item_name_error" which is from LS client js libraries.

Administrator
    Your item or field names must be including non-alphanumeric characters other than underscore, caret or dot in order to raise the issue; we clarified the constraints here.
    In fact, Html Client Library version 5.0 build 1443.3 introduced a strict check on the characters used for item and field names and would even replace unacceptable names with placeholders, as you have noticed.

Admittedly, this was annoying.
    That's why, in the Html Client Library version 5.0 build 1443.6 we have rolled-back this check. You can download this version as part of the recent patch release.
    Actually, as item and field names can be used in you html code directly, we decided to include few special characters among the ones allowed, but you can use other characters if you guarantee that there are no interoperability issues with your html code; the new library will accept them.

With the next major upgrade of the Html Client Library we will fix the issue for good.

So, i downloaded the latest lightstreamer server and updated to latest client js libraries, but i am not permitted to use dashes. I use UUID to generate unique session id's for which my users are subscribing and it uses dashes.

Also i keep getting this annoying error about firefox, despite of i set:

and