Hi Giuseppe:
First of all, thanks a lot for your prompt answer and for putting me back on my own track. I had lost sight that I'd been trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, when I only needed one ASAP for eating.
Indeed, the server I need to interact with right away is a Presto Edition. In a few more months, I'll get into a contest that in the edition 2 years ago was running an allegro edition with JS API only, and that was the reason I put aside the document you linked.
Today I implemented the TCP protocol outlined in the document (quite easy BTW), but I run into an error (again) that I can't find a concise explanation for (other that my first guess): no matter how I adjust the parameters for control.txt I keep getting the error "501 Not Implemented", which if I'm taking correctly, it means that no metadata adapter is implemented to handle the TCP protocol directly... is this correct? Am I left back again dealing with the JS protocol? My doubt comes from the fact that I can do create_session.txt and bind_session.txt correctly, but my guess is that those options work because they come from the LS server only, whereas control.txt needs verification from the metadata server.
Regards.
Alfredo Meraz