Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli View Post
The <max_delay_millis> setting allows batching of updates in a single packet.
The batching involves updates for different items and, depending on the kind of subscription, also subsequent updates for the same item.
The delay caused by this batching operation depends on the whole sequence of updates;
you can only expect that the delays will be distributed between 0 and the <max_delay_millis> value chosen.

So, for a test like yours, you should set it to 0, so it will not alter the flow.
In the final application, depending on the expected throughput on your sessions, you may decide to set it higher, to reduce the Server and network overload at the expense of some additional delay on the updates.
Dario

Is the setting global or can it be set at an adapter level? If I use lighstreamer to replicate XHR transactions (as in the above example) I may well want to set it to zero, but for other more standard uses of Lightstreamer (like ordinary feeds, chat IM etc) I would not want it set to zero.

Also, is this setting value a side issue to the strange delay I am seeing, or a probable cause of it?

Thanks
Kevin