Thread: Client in C/C++

Client in C/C++

i want to develop LightStreamer Client in C/C++, need example+guidance....thks

Administrator
    For C++ within the .NET environment, you can take advantage of the .NET client library.

For C/C++ outside the .NET environment, we haven't provided any guidance yet.

If Objective-C is an option, you may try to analyze the source code of the iStreamLight project (which is targeted to the iPhone, though).

Administrator
    Obviously, I assumed you had already found the "DOCS-SDKs\sdk_client_generic" directory and the included "doc\Network Protocol Tutorial.pdf" document.
    This document illustrates the protocol to be obeyed by clients written from scratch.
    This SDK is only included in the "Allegro/Presto/Vivace" version of Lightstreamer, which can be run through an evaluation license.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
    For C++ within the .NET environment, you can take advantage of the .NET client library.

For C/C++ outside the .NET environment, we haven't provided any guidance yet.

If Objective-C is an option, you may try to analyze the source code of the iStreamLight project (which is targeted to the iPhone, though).
    i want to make it platform independent,

Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
    Obviously, I assumed you had already found the "DOCS-SDKs\sdk_client_generic" directory and the included "doc\Network Protocol Tutorial.pdf" document.
    This document illustrates the protocol to be obeyed by clients written from scratch.
    This SDK is only included in the "Allegro/Presto/Vivace" version of Lightstreamer, which can be run through an evaluation license.
    yes, but an example would be a great point to start with.....