Greetings Giuseppe!

I got the Lightstreamer DotNet Client Version 4 Demo working. I thought you might be interested in case this comes up with someone else.

Since you were not experiencing the compile error that I was, I thought that the problem might be in Log4Net. I found that the compile error that I originally reported is due to an incompatibility between the example DotNet Client code and the Log4Net package that is version dependent. I was starting my configuration from scratch so I had installed the latest version of Log4Net from NuGet which is 2.0.9. The DotNet Client refers to GetLogger with one argument of type “string”. Log4Net dropped support for this overload in V2.0.6. So, I uninstalled Log4Net and reinstalled an older version V2.0.5. and the compile error went away, but I got the following run-time error:

Exception User-Unhandled
FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager, Version=4.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'. The system cannot find the file specified.

I couldn’t find V4.0.3 but System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager 4.7.0 is available on NuGet so I installed that and the run-time error went away. I used the config file you linked to and got some incomplete lines in the log file with the default behavior, so I added APPENDER statements to the LOGGER specifications to explicitly refer to the file appender and now everything works as expected.

I thank you and your team for your support. I appreciate the quick responses.

Regards,
Chuck