Hi Dario, thanks for replying

>> multiple client subscriptions can share the same server-side "subscribe" invocation to the Data Adapter
Thanks for establishing this.
I tried an example, where multiple clients subscribe for the same item and it gave only one callback on the server-side DataAdapter, this is expected right?
I think my observation is wrong since the doc on SmartDataAdapter says "
Lightstreamer Kernel always uses different handles across subsequent subscriptions of the same item"
If it's right that would mean we publish ALL relevant fields of this item via the ItemEventListener and the kernel figures it out as to what client wants what field? (C1 wanting F1,F2; C2 wanting F3, F4 and we send F1,F2,F3,F4 via the listener) Is that correct?

>>
you should do without subscription sharing and define different items (by using different item names) when the involved field set is different
But isn't it that usual for multiple clients to subscribe to same item (stock tick say "GOOGL") but with a different field set?
One app being interested in certain aspects of the item and the other on some other aspects?

There's another behaviour that I came across which I didn't expect:
Let's assume we have multiple instances of our webapp using the same LS backend

Client C1 subscribes for item X first, dataAdapter gets a subscribe callback and it gets the item event update U
Now client C2 (on different host) also subscribes for item X with same field set, but since the item name is same, the subscription is shared and hence dataAdapter doesn't get a callback for C2, hence C2 gets no fields?
In this case as well, do I need to use one of the MetadataAdapter's method calls to send C2 the same update U? Does kernel keep the last update for an item X?

Thanks