status change when the content length is reached

Hi,

I'm using the Moderato free edition. The lightstreamer_conf.xml contains <content_length><default>300000</default></content_length>.

When the streaming data from the persistent connection reaches 300K, it re-starts a new connection. This is fine as it is the expected behavior.

In normal situation, there is no status change when the content length is reached. But under certain condition, which I don't know how to reproduce, my Javascript statusChange callback function is also invoked with a new status "STREAMING" when the 300K content length limit is reached. When this happens, the statusChange() callback is called every time the 300K limit is reached and a new connection is established.

Can someone please explain why the statusChange callback is invoked in this situation?

Thanks,
    Richard

Power Member
    hello riwang,

that's strange and should not happen unless between the two STREAMING statuses there is something else (e.g. STALLED).
    can you check if this is the case?

Hi Mone,

Since this is happening on my production server, it's hard to verify because the Javascript is minimized so it is not debuggable in Firebug. When this happens, as one user was experiencing this problem, another user saw no issue at the same time.

But let's assume there is a STALLED status change before the STREAMING status change, what could have caused this issue?

Thanks,
    Richard

Administrator
    Hi Richard,

As I mentioned in this post, the reconnection caused by a content-length exhaustion is totally transparent to both the application and the user, and no status change at all happens.

If you observed a status change, this was just a coincidence, probably caused a network problem or by the client CPU saturation. The transition to STALLED state cannot be related to the content-length.

Do you have the detailed server-side logs showing the life-cycle of the user session that experimented the issue?