Hybrid View

Thanks for your reply,
    now i have this in my monitor and i wondering about the total and free heap is it related to current session and connections , and if so what i have to do if i am expecting sessions u to 2000 users

Total Heap Free Heap
    Memory (Bytes) 271,581,184 33,808,872

Total Streaming Mode Smart-Polling Mode Max
    Sessions
    28 28 0 28

Total Max
    Connections
    28 35

Subscribed Items Throughput (updates/s) Total Received Updates
    Inbound 382 52.47 819,407

Throughput (updates/s) Throughput (kbit/s) Total Sent Bytes Total Sent Updates Total Lost Updates
    Outbound 282.36 204.32 145,527,666 2,823,790 0

Throughput (messages/s) Throughput (kbit/s) Total Processed Bytes Total Handled Messages
    Client Messages 0 0 0 0

Size Active Available Queued Tasks
    Thread Pool 38 0 38 0
    Total JVM Threads 101

Administrator
    The free heap as reported by the Monitor is the current sample of the available heap, as determined by the JVM.
    However, this value does not include all that part of the heap that is already eligible for the garbage collection.
    Hence, the free heap figure is significant only after a garbage collection has just taken place.
    You can infer this amount only after comparing many subsequent samples. Assuming basic GC settings, you should see the free heap value decrease regularly, then increase sharply after a GC.
    Obviously, for better statistics, you can leverage the JVM's own GC reports.

After determining the "real" free heap and the "real" used heap, consider that the static memory footprint of the active sessions is only part of the used heap.
    In your scenario, since the sessions are just a few, their footprint may be a small part of the used heap and you may find out that there is room for 2000 sessions without enlarging the total heap.
    But we cannot help you estimate the exact footprint of a session, because it also depends on the involved subscriptions and the involved data flow.
    Obviously, apart from the static memory footprint, each session causes usage of short-lived memory because of the data delivery. Even though this memory is garbage collected, it may deserve a significant slice of the heap for best performance.