Hybrid View

Administrator
    Hi vielktus,

In a case like your, some credentials information need to be passed to your Metadata Adapter.
    If you wont use Lightstreamer authentication you should pass to the Metadata Adapter the user/session info generated by your authetication procedure.
    In the notifyUser method you should validate that info against the Web/Application Server that generated it (or a database or whatever back-end system).

Once that the user is validated the notifyNewTables method of your Metadata Adapter should check if the user is entitle for all the Items requested and if not throw a CreditsException.

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe.corti View Post
    Hi vielktus,

In a case like your, some credentials information need to be passed to your Metadata Adapter.
    If you wont use Lightstreamer authentication you should pass to the Metadata Adapter the user/session info generated by your authetication procedure.
    In the notifyUser method you should validate that info against the Web/Application Server that generated it (or a database or whatever back-end system).

Once that the user is validated the notifyNewTables method of your Metadata Adapter should check if the user is entitle for all the Items requested and if not throw a CreditsException.
    Oops, sounds a little bit tough... I use .NET Adapter, PHP Authentication on my web pages. When i validate the user logged in with PHP, how can i use the method notifyUser in the Metadata Adapter ? Can you have some simple codes ?

Power Member
    Hi,

We don't have any ready-made example: basically your .NET adapter and your PHP application need to "communicate".

As an example as your PHP application validates an user, it will likely send back a session cookie to the browser to keep the session alive for a while. It will also store the cookie somewhere (e.g.: memcached, SQL server... ) for checking it on subsequent requests.

That said your client could read such cookie via javascript and use it as user password (setPassword). This way, on the metadata adapter, you'll get the cookie in the notifyUser call and you can validate it against the same storage PHP is accessing (again, memcached, SQL server...)

HTH