Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe.corti View Post
Please, let me repeat that this depends on the type of data source.
Yes, you are right, if you have only 2, or few more, Items powered by different sources, for example two distinct socket streams, then the simplest solution is to create two parallel threads which are waiting for the updates to be pushed into Lightstreamer server.

But please consider that if the number of Items grows up to hundreds or thousands then the solution proposed would become unmanageable and you should re-model the Adapter with an asynchronous management of data feeders.

Anyway, if you expand a little more on how the Items updates are generated/received I think we can help you better.
Okay okay.

• I have a database (SQL Server 2008) and a table. I have some codes (C#) to insert rows into this table. Random seconds per row.
  • On the web client, i have three Items, which has Status field like: item "A" has status "OK", item "B" has "Warning" ...
  • So whenever the row is inserted into the table (item A, status OK), i want my web show like that too. Similar for item B (When the code randomly insert item B row, Item B will change)

Im trying to use SqlDependancy to catch the row inserted event. When the event insert is fired, i will select the only one last row of that table and stream the content to Lightstreamer.

And that's it. I dont know what im doing is right or wrong. Please help me with this.