hi,

Yes the max_delay_millis has an impact on the minimum delay as it represents the longest delay that the Server is allowed to apply to outgoing updates in order to collect more updates in the same packet.

As per the problem you're facing, I would start to verify that the delay is not inside the server, if you have the LightstreamerLogger.requests lo category set to INFO and LightstreamerLogger.subscriptions and LightstreamerLogger.push log categories set to DEBUG you can trace when the message reaches the server when the response is sent back from the adapter to the server and when the response is written out to the client. All of the exceeding delay is spent on the net and on the client.

As per the client part, I just discovered that there is a sort of bug in the client that is triggered when the client is executed from file:/// that slows the execution of internal tasks; Do you load your test pages from file:/// ?

I'm also introducing another speed-up in the client and I'm going to send you via private message a download link that points to the fixed & improved client.

HTH